The way you feel in your workplace indicates a lot about your work environment..
If you feel unheard, misunderstood, unsafe, and victimized, the problem might not be you, it can be the non-inclusive environment.
Here are 8 clues that can indicate to you that your workplace is not inclusive:
- Your voice is silenced.
- You feel powerless.
- You feel victimized.
- you hate going to work.
- You fear (or have been) judged for who you are.
- You are underpaid for your efforts and expertise.
- Your different opinion will negatively affect your work so you keep it to your work.
- Less experienced colleagues get promotions and incentives.
On the other hand, here are 8 clues that can indicate to you that your workplace is inclusive:
- You have a voice.
- You feel empowered.
- You empower others.
- You feel positive; have a growth mindset.
- You feel safe to be yourself.
- You get well-paid for your efforts and expertise.
- Your different opinion will not negatively affect your work.
- You get promotions and incentives.
An inclusive environment whether at home, work, school, or any community would give you all the positive feelings and make you belonged; or even feel like at home. Always remember that! and use these feelings indicators to check on how inclusive your work place is!